Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thanks for the nudge...

I love new beginnings.  I think it is a big reason why I went into teaching.  Sure, everyone gets the new start of a new calendar year every January 1, but as a teacher you also get to reboot every fall when the new school year comes about.  Of course, I also celebrate the fresh beginning of a new week and sometimes even a new day can put a lot of things into perspective.  I use each of these opportunities to reflect on the hits and misses of the past (fill in the blank) and then modify, adjust and adapt to create something that is even better than it previously was....so.....HELLO, new and improved FOOTPRINTS AND GLITTER!

With a slight nudge, I have been happily concocting what I think will be the best fit of writing for me and ideas for all of my BFE's.  (Not a BFE yet?  I'd love to have you join in our fantastic, little group!  See sidebar for details.)  I have modified the look of my blog to what feels best to me right now.  (Do note, though, that I love seasonal decor and prepare for the blog to change with my decorating whims.  With an upcoming snow storm preparing to hit the midwest, a hot cup of coffee feels best right now.  :-))

Prepare now for the tour...
  • "Home" is where you will always be able to find what's new on Footprints and Glitter.  The latest and greatest will always greet you when click on the "Home" tab.
  • One of the first pieces of writing that my oldest son did was a sign that hung in my kitchen advertising my "restaurant."  Now, it's not that I offer a menu or anything, but on some mornings making three different breakfasts all while packing a cold lunch or two, I can definitely relate with the title "short order cook."  His sign welcomed all visitors to "Mom's Fantastic Food."  Under the "Fantastic Food" tab, you can find recipes to some of our biggest hits.
  • "My Home is my Haven" - Enough. Said.  No matter how chaotic, loud or messy this home of mine may be, it will always be the place that soothes my soul.  Under this tab, you will find my ideas on how I organize, clean and decorate my humble abode.
  • My oldest is a Kindergarten boy full of big ideas and big energy.  Check out my "Soaring with School Age" and find out what special things I do with him.  Also, feel free to leave AS MANY comments in this section as you'd like.  As he left preschool (and was born a boy, for that matter) I have quickly become a fish out of water when it comes to parenting him.  I'd love any suggestions I can get on what has worked for all of you much more experienced mamas!
  • Stuck in between his big brother and baby sister, I have a sweet, snugly, three and a half year old.  He is in his first year of preschool and has explored that experience completely differently than his older brother did.  You can find some of our adventures under the "Preschool ROCKS" tab.
    • You may be wondering where my intense LOVE of preschool comes from.  :-)  I teach a four year old class, three mornings a week at a Christian preschool.  It keeps me "in the game" as far as my degree and teaching license are concerned and it gives me an opportunity to leave my little ones at home with grandma and ROCK with some fab, four and five year olds on the other side of town.  If you happen to be an EC educator, or just someone looking for things to do with the pre-k set, you will find some of my preschool ideas here, as well.
  • Baby girl is sixteen months old.  While she may look like a princess in her fancy hair bows and amazing collection of shoes.  She most often can be found playing in the dog dish or emptying every drawer and cupboard in my house.  Check out the "Toddler Time" tab to see how I am trying to distract her, in an intentional way.  :-)
  • I married my high school prom date.  Awe.....  We've been together through a lot and still have the best time dating one another.  "Marriage is a Team Sport" is my way of ensuring that I am finding the JOY in our marriage...even on days when it seems like all we do are loads of dishes and laundry. 
  • In the hustle and bustle of school and work schedules it seems as though our lives can become quickly consumed with obligations and duties.  Our family reserves one day a week as our "Family Fun" day.  A day when we forget the hundreds of things that could be done and concentrate on quality time together. 
  • The last tab is my me tab.  Click on "I Matter" to see a few things and ideas that bring me joy...just because.
That concludes the tour.  Are there any questions?  I hope you've enjoyed your time here and will stop back frequently.  I hope that you find the new layout easier to find the ideas that you are looking for.  And I hope that the new layout helps me organize the gazillion thoughts that are constantly running through my mind. 

To celebrate my rededication of Footprints and Glitter I have two posts for you.

My "Stuffed Pasta Shells" recipe was my #1 post (by far) before the revamp.  I am including it here as the old.

I am also including the first family fun adventure we had in 2013.  It's ALL NEW!  "Superhero Saturday" is a thing of legend and proved to my husband and me that intentional family time was going to be a SUPER idea for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment