Monday, March 4, 2013

Easy Chili


 
Drain.  (I usually buy pretty lean ground beef so I often skip this step.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add chili powder (which we keep in the fridge so it doesn't lose flavor).  We eyeball it, but somewhere between 1 and 1 1/2 T. is the acceptable heat level for my family.  (Of course, my husband adds hot sauce to his.)
 
Warm until heated through and then enjoy! 
 
Feel free to make it in the Crockpot or to simmer it for hours in a Dutch oven.  It's a great recipe to have in my back pocket for nights where I need a quick meal or on winter days when I want the scent of chili wafting through my home all day.    I've also made it in bulk for my eldest' JULY birthday.  It is his FAVORITE!  Couldn't be easier or tastier.  Now if only spring would come so we could try out some thing other than chili recipes.  :-) 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment